I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday to MJ the King of Pop


Happy Belated Birthday to Michael Jackson the King of Pop who's birthday was yesterday. Even though he's gone- he's definitely not forgotten. After his passing, I've bought a bunch of memorabilia especially the tribute magazine from Time Magazine and People Magazine. I was surfing the net and saw this cool 12" Michael Jackson Billie Jean collectible figure from Hong Kong based toy company, Hot Toys. Now awhile back, Hypebeast posted the Thriller version, but they didn't mention the Billie Jean figure! I dig the Billie Jean version because it was the first time he introduced the Moon Walk and I LOVE the video. So my brother was telling me how to do the moon walk. He said it's all about sliding your heel starting with your left then the right heel follows. I kept trying to do it but never quite got it. *sigh* Anyway, since I can't do the moon walk- with this cool collectible, I can pose Michael to do it instead! I'll leave it to the legend himself. The package comes complete with MJ's trademark sequined white glove and black coat, white socks, black shoes, hat, microphone, and a set of interchangeable hands! It was supposedly released March 2009 and was only available in HK and Japan although I'm sure there's a few floating around on ebay but probably ridiculously expensive (I saw one for approximately $1K). This is perfect for the die hard Michael Jackson fan!






LINK: Hot Toys

3 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Patricia

    http://lioneltrains.info

    ReplyDelete