I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Sunday, August 9, 2009

I'm the Cookie Queen of the World!!!


I love sweets. I can cook a little, but wasn't too sure about my baking skills. So Saturday late night- I put my skills to the test since I didn't want to just sit around and watch TV, so I decided to bake some cookies. My new concoction... White and Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookie Squares! How fancy!


WHITE AND CHOCOLATE CHIP HAZELNUT COOKIE SQUARES


Ingredients:

2 1/4 cup of Flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup butter (softened- about 2 sticks melted)

1 cup sugar

1 cup light brown sugar

2 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 large eggs

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup semi-sweet white chocolate chips

1 cup of chopped hazelnuts


Whisk

Spoon for mixing

Tablespoon

Teaspoon

Two Bowls

2 Baking Sheets

Cooking Spray


Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Add all dry ingredients together in a bowl and stir. Take all wet ingredients and mix together in another bowl- use a whisk to mix. Pour the wet ingredients slowly into the dry mix while stirring slowly to avoid clumps. When the cookie dough is ready, add your chocolate and white chocolate chips slowly and mix. Add the hazelnuts last and stir.



Take your baking sheets and coat them with cooking spray so that the cookies won't stick. Use your teaspoon to create little balls and space them evenly in a pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes (depends on your oven). After baking, let them cool & enjoy! :)



FYI: My cookies were meant to be circle bite sized treats, but I placed them closely together on the baking sheet. So as they baked, they came out more square-shaped rather than circular. Nonetheless- they still tasted great and their new shape added character to the cookies! Bad mistake turned good I guess. :) Also when buying your chocolates, try buying ghirardelli chocolate chips because their chocolates are just awesome. They cost about $3.75-$3.99 a bag but they're so worth it!


Ok- going to get ready to drop some cookies off to @keefwasheretoo & @williamyan! Hope they like it.

3 comments:

  1. i think i need to make u a birthday batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know you can shorten your urls with AdFly and make dollars from every visit to your short links.

    ReplyDelete