I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Vampire's Meal!

Yesterday was a pretty long day at work. So on my way home (I go through Bayridge in Brooklyn), I did dinner and a book at one of my favorite Japanese restaurants, Omiya. I wanted to try something new instead of the usual (Spicy Tuna & Ginza Roll) so while browsing the menu- I got super excited when I saw that they were offering a dish called "Vampire Bowl". Could this be any more perfect since I'm reading Christopher Moore's funny vampire novel called Bloodsucking Fiends?! What a great way to tie my vampire theme together! Anyway- the Vampire Bowl is basically Spicy Tuna Tar Tar (MY FAVE!!) rolled in a ball and stuffed in an avocado bowl on a bed of salad with house special sauce. Their Spicy Tuna Tar Tar is amazingly different because it's mixed with crunchies and it totally adds a whole new texture. The house special sauce drizzled on the plate is creamy yet sweet. You can't go wrong with this meal for $9.95!


OMIYA
8618 4th Avenue
(between 86th & 87th Streets)
Brooklyn, NY 11209

1 comment: