I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Fantastic Book To Have!


I can't stress how much I loved the movie Fantastic Mr. Fox which was based on Roald Dahl's classic children's book. It was adapted into film by director Wes Anderson (if unfamiliar, some of his famous works are The Royal TenenbaumThe Darjeeling Limited and Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou) who is the freakin' man! Got pretty hyped when I checked Will's blog and saw that Rizzoli published a book and commissioned Pentagram to design the book on how the movie was made. Super dope! As if the HBO sneak peak wasn't enough to explain the process of stop-motion animation, this book goes more in depth! The book looks awesome because its focuses on each character and there's a movie scene break down. Fabric swatches of Mr. Fox's staple corduroy suit , illustrations, pictures of the props, dialogue- you name it, the book has it! Need to order book NOW!




If you haven't watched it, GO! You will fall in love with this movie just like I did. Ash who is Mr. Fox's only eccentric little son and played by my booboo Jason Schwartzman is my favorite character. Why? Because he's little like me, wears a cape with his tighty whities and has a sweat sock as a bandit mask- NUFF SAID! My second favorite character is the Rat who is played by the Green Goblin himself- Willem Dafoe. Why? cos homeboy is slick with it, carries a switchblade knife and wears red and white stripe long sleeve shirt- oh so stylish for a Rat!   


Here's the HD trailer:



NOTE: One of my favorite parts from the movie is on the trailer (0:22-0:33), reminds me of my own special Mr. Fox. ;) HAHA!


LINK: William Yan via Pentagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment