I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Burger King's Cupcake Shake

Two days ago, I encountered the Burger King Cupcake Shake. While strolling along the financial district, my friends and I had a weird craving to eat Burger King for dinner. As we entered its doors, the lovely sign above greeted us with open arms and dangerously lured us in... we totally had a "thisiswhyyou'refat" moment.  So one of my friends (name will not be mentioned as per request.. haha) was brave enough to try it. As amazing as it sounds and as much as I claim that "cupcakes hold a special place in my heart" I was skeptical to order it (WHAT'S THE REAL REASON? Because even though I eat a lot and blog mostly about food, I still keep my weight watchers mentality in check when I eat and think of my daily caloric intake. Ok enough about me though!).


So what is this concoction? It's a yellow cake flavored ice cream milkshake delight topped off with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles. Sounds delicious in retrospect but I kept thinking of how many calories are in this creamy monster (pause). Anyway, my friend was nice enough to let me try it so I guess you can say I tried it just to try it? Took a quick sip and closed my eyes. It tasted "egg-y" and then the sugary whip cream with bits of flavorless sprinkles for a slight crunch hits you. Super creamy and rich. It does taste like a cupcake. Its yellow color fooled me cos I actually thought it was just ice cream and cake batter mixed in. I mean it could be but I didn't pay attention to how it was made. Can anyone confirm this?  It doesn't taste bad at all but too sweet for my taste buds. I don't think I can finish this entire drink (size is a small btw) by myself. The whole concept just sounds bizarre. Like, a Cupcake Shake? For real? There's such a thing? Well then again Burger King also has Funnel Cake Sticks with icing dipping sauce if you're looking for another extreme sugar rush, try that! Ok back to the shake- I think kids would love this and milkshake lovers would appreciate it. Have you tried it? What do you think? Also, if you haven't tried it- would you?  :)  
So I also discovered there's a cult following for this in Facebook
LINK: Burger King 

3 comments:

  1. omg...I'm a cupcake fiend...this is soo not good for me to know about....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a FREE BURGER KING GIFTCARD, this promotion is open for everyone, CLICK HERE to try and claim your free giftcard.

    ReplyDelete