I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Friday, February 19, 2010

Pret's Coffee Milk is AMAZING!

My morning drink is really important to me because it starts up my morning. I get tired of the same old coffee or milk tea that I drink everyday so my eyes are always browsing around for substitutes. Yesterday I found my new amazing morning beverage, Coffee Milk from Pret A Manger. It's seriously addicting. I don't really like bottled coffee drinks because I had a horrible incident with Starbuck's Frappucino in the past but this one caught my eye. I thought to myself when I read the label, is it really coffee flavored milk?! Mind you- when I have my coffee it usually has 25% milk because I like to water it down so I was really excited to try this. Verdict? Well, it tastes really creamy and goes smooth down smooth (like milk- DUH.. pause that too) with a slight coffee flavor but not so overpowering. It tastes more like mocha to me which I really like. It's pretty refreshing if you don't want a hot beverage but craving the coffee taste. According to Wikipedia, Coffee Milk is a drink similar to chocolate milk; however, instead of chocolate syrup, coffee syrup is used. It is also the official state drink of Rhode Island. It's freakin' amazing and I'm glad to discover it because it will be a good morning substitute.  
The only downside is, it's a high in fat (for a drink) and calories and that's because Pret uses whole milk. A bottle has 2.5 servings at 220 calories per serving and 8 grams of fat, so that will be 550 calories if you finish the entire thing. So what I suggest for my calorie counting friends is that you drink half the bottle and save the other half for the next day. Less guilt? Oh, also if you're concerned about your caffeine intake, they use decaffeinated coffee syrup. Enjoy the milky goodness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment