I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Trip to Junior's in Downtown Brooklyn

So after the Banksy movie, hunger set in and the besties and I decided to walk over to the world famous Junior's in Flatbush, Brooklyn. I haven't had it in a long time and my I remember my first memory of Junior's was when I used to work in Grand Central Terminal. I was always fond of the cheese cake- whether plain, swirled or with fruit preserves on top. I also enjoyed and devoured the lemon coconut layer cake. Ahh- the memories! When it came to food, their chicken fingers + fries and burger platters remain tops! 
The cheesecake assortment:

They also have cookies! You see those little cupcakes with the clown on top? Super yummy! It has a whipped vanilla frosting that's to die for!

The Take-Out section

Jose's artistic interpretation of him eating his cheesecake! Awesome right?

William Yan ordered the Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake. It was DEE-LI-CIOUS!! Can't go wrong with cheese cake and vanilla cake combo with strawberries ;)

Josie Cloverfish's cheesecake moment...

Thumbs up to dessert!

Keith had a savory Turkey Chilli Bowl. It was a bed of white rice with chilli on top with the most perfectly chopped onions for topping. It was reaaaaally good. New favorite!

I wasn't too hungry and lately I've been having an obsession with Matzoh Ball Soup so I ordered a cup. It was pretty good. I liked how there was carrots in the broth since most Matzoh Ball Soups just have clear broth. P.S. I did have a few bites of Jose and Will's cheesecakes though! >:)

The artwork on the paper table cloth. The manager liked Josie's cheesecake eating little guy drawing.

Keith and the Junior's mannequin (with the ill fake sharpie'd goatee!)

The besties!

Junior's - Downtown Brooklyn
386 Flatbush Ave
BrooklynNY 11201
718.852.5257

No comments:

Post a Comment