I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DRINK: Gasolina - Urban Blends

My boy @bosshog139 told me to look for this drink called Gasolina in Puerto Rico. It's a cocktail drink packaged in an aluminum-like tetra pak like a Capri-Sun. Say whaa? No glass? Just an alcoholic sippy pack? I'm down! So as soon as we got off the plane I was on the look out for it and the ads were EVERYWHERE. I asked Juny where to buy the drink and he said, "the gas station"- how ironic! So after a visit to the local gas station, we finally found it.

The original "Gasolina: High Octane Rum Cocktail" made with rum, tequila and fruit juice. I tasted this one first. It's pretty strong and tastes similar to a nutcracker from Uptown. I'm not going to lie though, it goes down a little rough. Not bad though. It's also kind of funny how there's a straw inside of the pack. If you check out the upper right hand corner, you see the fuel sign and where you insert the straw. Funny!


Then we also saw this new flavor called "Seabreeze" made with pink grapefruit, cranberry and vodka. I actually like this one better. It's lighter but still strong. I guess this flavor is made more for the ladies if they can't handle the 'gasolina'... Haha.


And in Puerto Rico, 18 is the legal drinking age so get your drink on! Available for $1.35/pc and $10.99 for a 10-pack.


Gasolina: Urban Blends
www.gasolinadrink.com


What up to Cassidy and thanks for picking up the 10-pack Seabreeze!


P.S. Does anyone know if the Daddy Yankee "Gasolina" song came before or after this drink was put out on the market? *ponder*


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Hey Aimz thanx for the shout .. Gasolina came out wayyyyy before daddy yankee even put the song out ... Some girls prolly inspired him to write a song about it lol ... Iight punk keep up the good job enjoy my motherland lol ... Xoxox @bosshogG139 / Juny / nudieville

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out after the gasolina in the song refers to cum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can i order these drinks and get them ship to the bronx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They started selling them in Jersey City now in May, 2013. You can find them in the liquor store on Newark Avenue between five corners and Pavonia Ave. The liquor store is next to the Post Office on Newark Avenue.

      Delete
  4. Mee me me I want some to I am in florida I try then and I love them in PR. They have them here some places but they are more expensive than PR. But is worth it mmm yummy

    ReplyDelete