I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Sunday, August 15, 2010

RECIPE: Dave's Margherita Porgy

Last week, I had the opportunity to eat my friend Dave's fresh catch of the day, a Porgy fish from Jamaica Bay. I was there as he scaled and filleted the fish until it was time to cook! He made up his recipe from the top of his head with ingredients he is most familiar with and came up with this recipe for his amazing Margherita Porgy.


Ingredients:
Porgy fillet
Eggs
Panko Bread crumbs
Tomato
Basil Leaves
Chopped onion
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper


1. Grab a pan and take your Porgy fillet and dip it in egg.
2. Cover the entire fillet with Panko Bread Crumbs.
3. Add chopped basil and chopped onion on top of the breaded fillet.
4. Place tomato slices on the fillet.
5. Sprinkle grated Parmesan Cheese.
5. Drizzle Olive Oil.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper to your liking.
7. Bake fish in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.




The fish was delicious and is a simple and quick recipe! As a side dish, Dave also made Rosemary Red potatoes to compliment the meal. Overall, the fish was cooked to perfection and I loved the crunch from the Panko. Until the next catch! Thanks to Dave for sharing an amazing meal. ;)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment