I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Friday, October 22, 2010

EATS: Ippudo NY in the East Village



I've been craving for ramen for weeks now... so I ended up going to dinner with my friends to Ippudo NY for a last minute post birthday get-together. I've been dying to go here for awhile now but was always intimidated by the wait time. I thought going on a weekday would be wiser instead of a weekend and I thought wrong. Regardless of when you decide to go, you will be standing in line! I'm impatient and I dislike killing time but after I was seated and my food came, I realized why this noodle spot is definitely worth the wait...

The Appetizer Menu

Tori Karaage - Marinated Deep-fried Chicken with Spicy Chilli and Sweet Mayo Dipping Sauce! It was crispy and yummy! I like how it's small chunks of bite-sized chicken. The sweet mayo was my favorite. :)

Philly Cheese Steak Spring Rolls - Self Explanatory! It was a nice cheesy treat. I didn't think an appetizer like this would make the cut at Ippudo but it's a good addition and inventive! 

Hirata Chicken Wings - Wings with Ippudo Black Pepper Marinade! The chicken was soft and the sauce was finger licking good.. :-X

The Ramen Menu! I like how you can add more ramen by simply saying "Kae-dama" :) my kind of place!

My friend Justine's Shoyu Ramen with a side of Kakuni (Braised Pork Belly).

My Dish: Miso Ramen w. Onsen Tamago (Poached Egg)! I opted for the more traditional ramen. The broth was amazing and the noodles were perfectly cooked. The pork was fatty and soft but I do wish I had more meat in my serving. I guess I should have ordered the extra side of pork belly. There were crunchy vegetables that provided texture in every scoop full of ramen noodles but what I loved most is the ball of Shredded Ginger right in the middle. It provided so much flavor for the broth. Without this- this would've just been just any other Miso Ramen. I would rank this ramen experience as my #2 (my heart and #1 still belongs to any Momofuku Noodle Bar). Delicious though! 

And of course, I was surprised with Green Tea Ice Cream for dessert accompanied by really loud singing! It was so embarrassing! Haha



Overall, the food is amazing and I can't wait to go again! I would love to try the pork buns next (I hear a lot of people raving about it) and other appetizers. I don't doubt their ramen, I'm sure whatever I order next time will content me. I also love the ambiance.. this place is very hip and modern. The waiters are very friendly and attentive so you won't have to worry about having a bad experience. The only thing I stress is the wait (there are no phone reservations, just walk-ins) but if you're willing to taste some kick ass ramen, you'll be willing to wait... ;)


P.S. Thanks again to all who celebrated with me on my Birthday!


Ippudo NY
65 4th Avenue
(between 9th and 10th Sts)
NY, NY 10003
212.388.0088
www.ippudony.com


Ippudo on Urbanspoon
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment