I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Thursday, November 4, 2010

DRINK: Starbucks Via Flavored Ready Brew Coffee


So I stopped drinking milk tea to go with my breakfast or my afternoon wake up drink then started drinking instant coffee to save myself from spending $2 each morning (not including coffee cravings). I was previously drinking Nescafe's 1+2 instant coffee typically sold in Asian markets and not to mention super cheap (42 packets for $7.99) until the Starbucks Via Ready Brew instant coffee came out...


I really really love this coffee. I thought I could save myself some money in the beginning but with Starbucks you really end up paying for the quality and superb taste that gets you hooked! Via is made of arabica beans with natural flavors and cane sugar. Starbucks currently offers four flavors: Vanilla, Mocha, Caramel and Cinnamon Spice. If you don't like flavored coffee, they offer Colombia, Italian Roast, Decaf Italian Roast and Iced. I personally tried the Vanilla and Caramel for the mean time and I must say that Vanilla is my favorite! When I pour the water in my cup, the coffee really does smell fresh brewed unlike other instant coffees that smell artificial. The flavor is rich and bold and the coffee is quite strong for something unbelievably labeled as 'instant'. I actually do two 10 fl oz cups of for every packet even though the directions say one packet is good for an 8 fl oz cup. As you try it you can definitely tweak how much you use if you don't like your coffee super strong which is what Starbucks is known for. I also love the fact that when I finish my Vanilla flavored Via that I see remnants of the vanilla bean floating in the bottom of my cup (they definitely didn't lie in the commercial)! Oh and not to mention it's 60 calories per packet! So every morning, I look forward to my first cup of coffee and in the afternoon, when I crave for something sweet to jolt me up, I fix myself a cup of Starbucks Via! ;)


It's so easy, this is how I make my coffee:


Open the Via package, pour contents into cup ...


Add hot water and stir...


Add skim milk and then enjoy! :D


Note: Since I like my coffee sweet, I do add a little more sugar in my cup!


Try it out for $6.99 for a 6-pack and there's also a coupon for $1 off until the end of November for every purchase so mention it to your Barista when they're ringing you up!


LINK: Starbucks


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment