I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Saturday, February 12, 2011

EATS: Doughnut Plant (Lower East Side)



After @JustineDori's Birthday Dim Sum today, we decided to head on over to Doughnut Plant in LES for the after party. Located on 379 Grand Street, this little doughnut haven was worth the walk for my sweet indulgence for the week. I've been craving a doughnut since I started my diet and this was a great place to "cheat".


They offer such a great variety of treats from the yeast-type, jam-filled to cake doughnuts at a very reasonable price.


@JustineDori had the Black Out Doughnut. I took a bite of course and it was chocolatey, moist and gooey. It melted in my mouth. Worth every bite!


I felt a little guilty going to this place but a little treat doesn't hurt sometimes. Since I tried to "control" myself, I got the smallest doughnut on the menu which was the Creme Brûlée.


Can you see the goodness?!? Every layer is heavenly. It had a crusty and crunchy caramelized top. The yeast dough itself was a nice soft texture. The party in the middle was a very creamy vanilla bean custard which oozes out in every bite! Then the bottom layer was sugar glazed! The ten seconds that it took to annihilate this donut was amazing! Perfect size packed with deliciousness for $2.50! You cannot go wrong!


Check out the display by the counter! *Homer Voice* "Mmm.. DOOOONUTS..* By the way, I'm not sure if the original word is spelled "Doughnut" or "Donut"? Does anyone know? Ah- po-tato... po-ta-to.. :P It's all the same right?

Doughnut Plant is AWESOME! I will definitely go back. Maybe I'll even have a huge doughnut next time. There's so many treats on the menu that I want to try. *Sigh* Oh, if LES seems out of the way, they're opening another location at the Chelsea Hotel on Valentine's Day! ;)


Doughnut Plant  (Lower East Side)
379 Grand Street
New York, NY 10002
(212) 505-3700

Doughnut Plant on Urbanspoon

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment