I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Sunday, March 27, 2011

EATS: All American Drive-In (Massapequa, LI)

Sorry for the lack of posts this month, it's been really hectic and busy at work for me so I haven't had a chance to blog... but never too busy to scope out new places to eat! :) Anyway, Mr. Fox and I decided to head out to Massapequa, Long Island to visit All American Drive-In for some fast food. We heard about this place through the TV show, "Hamburger Paradise" on the Travel Channel and since it's so close to home, we planned the trip right away. Supposedly Jerry Seinfeld and the Baldwin Brothers are big fans of their burgers. This establishment has been around for years and is family owned. Everything on the menu is American fast food consisting of hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hotdogs, fries, onion rings and milkshakes. 
Check out the Menu. Everything is CHEAP. I think the most expensive item on the menu is the Butterfly Shrimp for $5.25! You can not beat that!
This was the line to place your orders. They have several windows so it's not bad as it looks. The cashiers take your order, hands you a receipt with a number and when the food is ready- a number is called out for pick up. It really goes by quick. I'd say less than 5 minutes for your bag of fast food goodness!

The hotdog area located on the side. 

They have a lot of employees which really helps with the quick turn around.

We decided to eat in the car since there really wasn't a place for us to sit and it was too cold outside. 

Thank God Mr. Fox brought a tray with him from home, it made eating so much easier! He ordered a Vanilla milk shake, 2 cheeseburgers, and large fries. I ordered a diet coke, a cheeseburger, small fries and small onion rings. Our 8 items for lunch cost us a total of $11.95!! Where can you eat for that price?! Not even McDonald's!

My meal! :)


The Cheeseburger.... *drool* Hmm, what does this cheeseburger look like? 

NOM! Well it sure looks like a McDonald's cheeseburger and it tasted exactly like it but without the guilt (for all of you that know about/seen the Pink Chicken McNuggets.. ack!). The hamburger bun was soft, the meat patty was the right size and well cooked, it had minced onions inside and 2 slices of pickles with a slice of melty american cheese. It was yummy! I liked the size because I am watching my food portion. Then if you prefer a bigger burger, you can opt for their quarter pounder.  
But the star of the show for me was the French Fries! Crunchy on the outside, salted and had a soft potato center.. just the way I like it! Not too oily either! LOVED it! Also, they cut their own potatoes because I got an odd shaped waffle-fry like piece in my bag. So good!

It was great experiencing a delicious meal at an old-school drive-in joint. You don't find a gem like this around anymore. This place is classic! It's definitely quality fast food at its finest without breaking your bank and without the guilt of eating super processed food because all the ingredients are fresh! 

All American Drive-In 
4286 Merrick Road
Massapequa, NY 11758
516.798.9574
www.allamericanhamburger.us


NOTE: Shout out to Joan, my 5th Floor buddy from my NT days! Saw her at Roosevelt Field Mall this weekend ;) 

2 comments:

  1. I grew up in Massapequa and All American defined fast food for us. There used to be a Carvel Ice Cream next door, so it passed as a full night out. Ah, the good old days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible posting this is from you. I am really and truly thrilled to read this marvelous post. You've really impressed me today. I hope you'll continue to do so!
    Massapequa Long Island

    ReplyDelete