I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Saturday, June 25, 2011

EATS: The Famous Pink Tea Cup


First, I didn't know how I would feel about the "NEW" Pink Tea Cup Restaurant. It's old location held a really sentimental place in my heart. My homegirl @LadyHood and I used to frequent that spot with our mutual friends and even befriended one of the employees named Virgil (hope he's doing ok!). I expected my old favorite, Fried Chicken and Pancakes to be on the menu- but it wasn't. :-(
Anyway, the new Pink Tea Cup basically had a major face lift as I would say. It has a totally new ambiance and the place looks totally hip! It's also located in a more commercial strip with a new and improved menu. I brought my brother and our visiting cousin, @miguelangelinos with me for some anticipated Soul Food eats and this is what we indulged in:


For starters, instead of bringing out complimentary plain old Corn Bread- they transformed it into a Corn Bread Waffle sprinkled with powdered sugar! How clever! It was delicious! The Waffle came out fresh, hot and buttery! Yum. I actually put a little bit of syrup on mine ;)


We also ordered Lobster Mac and Cheese as an appetizer to share. My brother remembered how yummy the Mac and Cheese was from the original restaurant. Well it's still the same- cheesy! But the star of the show was the fresh lobster. They added plump and juicy lobster pieces. The combination of cheese and seafood was amazing! Every bite was sooo good. They weren't cheap on the lobster either!


So I mentioned earlier that I wanted Fried Chicken and Pancakes... Well they didn't have it anymore but they did have Fried Chicken and Waffle! We all ordered this as our entree. How pretty is this dish?! Oh man this plate was definitely a lot of food! The chicken was delicious... Crunchy, not too oily, tender and even juicy! It kind of reminded me of Filipino Fried Chicken which is seasoned. Usually Regular Fried Chicken is just dipped in buttermilk then flour and deep-fried. This one had a hint of garlic powder and some salt. It was very tasty. The waffle was also great. I ordered plain but they do also come in Sweet Potato. I thought Sweet Potato would be too much sweetness if I add syrup so I decided plain would be good. It was freshly made and somewhat crunchy and soft which I liked. The sweet (Waffle) and salty (Fried Chicken) combo is perfect! I couldn't finish the entire meal but our cousin @miguelangelinos finished his plate with ease and went from this:


to this... Haha!


Overall the meal was excellent. We were so stuffed we didn't even get to order dessert. I wonder if they still serve the banana bread pudding (ungh! so heavenly!!). I enjoyed our foodventure very much. Even though I miss the old location, its friendly staff, and the brick wall covered with autographed celebrity photos- this revamped restaurant is still worth visiting. It is pretty pricey compared to the old spot but I guess it's because of where it's located now. I like the new and improved menu because it still has the old menu but remixed (in a good way too)! The place is also more fun to look at and they serve mix drinks so bringing a crowd to eat here would be fun. Not bad though :) because we all had happy bellies at the end of the meal!


The Famous Pink Tea Cup
88 7th Avenue
(@ the corner of Bleecker)
New York, NY 10014
212.255.2124
thepinkteacuprestaurant.com


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment