I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Thursday, December 30, 2010

EATS: Lupo's Char Pit in Endicott, NY

I never knew what a Chicken Spiedie was until this year. It seems to be a staple food around the Binghamton area and one eatery that I hear about the most is Lupo's Char Pit. So what exactly is a Chicken Spiedie? It's just marinated cubed chicken cooked on a skewer and served on Italian Bread. It's all about the marinade and a basic Spiedie sauce contains olive oil, balsalmic vinegar and dry italian spices. Of course there are different recipes for the marinade from others but Lupo's seems to perfect it.
The Endicott branch is mostly for take-out orders
Besides Spiedes, Lupo's also serves other delicious sandwiches
I ordered a 6" Chicken Spiedie with French Fries


The Chicken Spiedie was delicious! The chicken was tender and very moist.  You can taste a combination of smokiness from the char pit as well as the slight sourness of the balsalmic vinegar. Out of all the spices, the pepper also stands out the most. The best part is the Italian bread which is soaked with the flavors of the marinade. The food looks plain in sight but it is bursting with flavor. Can you believe that this Upstate specialty only costs $3.69? Now I understand why Spiedies are a local favorite.
If you're looking for a delicious sandwich that hits the spot, Lupo's Char Pit is the place to be! It's so good that I made sure to bring back a 16 oz. Spiedie Marinade so I can make this at home!

Lupo's Char Pit
2710 East Main Street
Endicott, NY 13760
607.748.1916

No comments:

Post a Comment