I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Monday, February 22, 2010

German Chocolate Cake from Gramercy Tavern

This Sunday, I attended brunch at Gramercy Tavern in the Flatiron District for my cousins Shane and Mike. The food was spectacular BUT dessert was the star of the show! I'm not usually big on cakes with coconut on it, but this amazing rich and decadent German Chocolate Cake made me think twice. What is German Chocolate Cake? It's a layered basic chocolate cake filled with caramelized coconut and pecan. The cake was incredibly moist and not too sweet (probably because semi-sweet chocolate was used). But I must say, the milk chocolate coconut ice cream made this dessert worth while. Ice cream with cake is always a plus for me and I did not feel guilty eating this at all! ;)
Besides the yummy cake, we were also served Petit Fours (macaroon, chocolate pumpkin truffle and biscuit filled with chocolate ganache and topped with pecans) to go with our coffee and tea. Delicious bite-sized goodies to end a spectacular meal! 
GRAMERCY TAVERN
42 East 20th Street
New York, NY 10003-1300
212.477.0777


Amazing food and my awesome family to end a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment