I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Sunday, August 22, 2010

DESSERT: Steve's Authentic Key Lime Pie in Red Hook


Hey Dexter- Remember when Camilla put you on a search for the best Key Lime Pie while she was on her death bed? Well you should've sailed your boat down to Pier 41 for Steve's Authentic Key Lime Pie in Red Hook, Brooklyn!
Who would've thought that behind these doors you would find the most incredibly delicious Key Lime Pie hands down.. and it's not even in Florida! It's in Brooklyn!
It is PERFECTION- light, sweet, smooth and creamy, tart (but not too tart) with a crumbly Graham Cracker crust! After each bite, you crave for more. Actually- I'm craving it as I write this blog post! It is so good.

Price List is as follows:
10" Pie - $25
8" Pie - $15
4" Tart - $4
Swingle - $5

I think next time I visit, I want to try the Swingle, a chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick! Doesn't that sound amazing? Most of the people eating outside were enjoying a Swingle so it must be the customer favorite!
You can devour your pie on the small table outside or you can walk around with a Swingle in your hand and enjoy the view of the water.
This place is definitely a hidden gem under its industrial looking facade. If you're around Red Hook and craving something amazing and sweet.. head on over to Steve's! You will not regret it! If you've never tasted a Key Lime pie, try it here and you will fall in love with it and other pies will never taste the same.

Steve's Authentic Key Lime Pie 
204 Van Dyke Street
(between Conover and Van Brunt St)
Brooklyn, NY 11231
718.858.5333

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Steve's Authentic Key Lime Pies on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment