I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Sunday, August 15, 2010

EATS: Bare Burger in Astoria


After passing by this eatery on 31st Ave. in Astoria numerous times and a referral by my friend Jihyun, Mr. Fox and I finally gave Bare Burger a visit yesterday. There's nothing wrong with craving a good burger once in awhile and Bare Burger definitely hit the spot! Everything on the menu is organic and I was most excited about the variety of bare burger meats that they serve: Piedmontese Beef, Turkey, Grilled Chicken, Veggie, Portabella Mushroom, Bison, Elk, Ostrich and Lamb which can be served on a Brioche or Seven Grain Bun.



Of course because I'm an adventurous eater, I had to try the Lamb Bareburger- Well done Lamb Burger, lettuce, tomato, caramelized onions and cucumber mint yogurt with french fries.



It tastes like a gyro in a burger! I really liked the caramelized onions and the especially the cucumber mint yogurt because it didn't make lamb taste too overwhelming. The vegetables were fresh and the Brioche bun was light. I loved my burger!



Now my FAVORITE part of my meal, the French fries!! They cooked it in peanut oil (a la Five Guys) and the portion was pretty big. I like how they left the skin for extra flavor.



I also love my dipping sauces- so I tried two for $0.35 each: orange and ginger mayo as advised by the waitress (left) and spicy chipotle mayo (right). I liked the orange ginger mayo the best. It tasted a bit more on the ginger side with a hint of orange. The spicy chipotle mayo was ok but it tasted more like taco mix and mayo mixed together.



Mr. Fox had the Original Bareburger- Well done Piedmontese Beef burger with Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, raw red onion, and special sauce.



And of course you can't go to a burger joint without having a milkshake! So we shared a Vanilla shake. I liked the bits of vanilla bean floating around. It was rich, thick and creamy.



Awesome Bear decor on the wall of our booth.



Hanging chandelier made out of spoons!


A garage door that opens up to extend outdoor seating.



Overall it was a great dining experience! If you want amazing burgers, head on over to Bare Burger in Astoria (N Train to Broadway or 30th Ave)! It's a bit on the pricey side but expect to get quality for the price. I can't wait to try the Bison and Elk meat next time. Also rumor is that there will be a Bare Burger opening in the Greenwich Village in the city... I'm sure it'll be a hit! I highly recommend this joint.



BARE BURGER
3321 31st Avenue
Astoria, NY 11106
718.777.7011
www.bareburger.com


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Bare Burger on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it :)
    I'm gonna miss bare burger and YOU!!! -jihyun C

    ReplyDelete