I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

EATS: A Salt & Battery - Fish & Chips


Fish & Chips- how I love thee! I'm a huge fried fish fan and when it's time to chow down, it's most perfect companion is my other all time fave- fries or as the British would call it, chips! Finally went to A Salt & Battery in Greenwich Village for dinner with the bestie @williamyan today and it was as I described it to Will verbatim- AMAZINGLY GOOD.





We ordered the small fish and shrimp combo to share.


Fried Fish and Shrimp perfection!


The fish was fresh, deep-fried in vegetable oil goodness, light, crispy and not soggy (like the bad kind of fish and chips- yuck!). The shrimp was also super crunchy and flavorful because the same batter used on the fish! My only complaint is that the fries were a little soggy as I would've preferred it to be crunchier BUT the tartar sauce for dipping sauce made up for it! The sauce wasn't heavy and I could taste the dill and it had some bite to it because of the relish. If you don't like tartar sauce, malt vinegar is also an available condiment. Another crowd pleaser seems to be the mushy peas (note to self: get this next time too!) since almost everyone eating inside was eating this side. The meal was incredible and this is as authentic as it can get outside the UK (if not, BETTER.. yeah, I said it!).


Also saw my college friend, Marisa who happened to be ordering this scrumptious dessert, Fried Mars Bar (say what?!?). She claims to get this each time she visits the eatery so it must be delicious and addictive!

This place is great! I will definitely be a repeat customer- Friendly staff and amazing eats is all it takes for me to come back! Don't let the name fool you- you will be coming back for more A Salt & Battery once you try it! ;)


P.S. They also offer different kinds of fish fry- pollock, haddock, sole and whiting. What great variety!


A Salt & Battery
112 Greenwich Avenue
(12th and 13th Streets)
212.691.2713
www.asaltandbattery.com


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
A Salt & Battery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment