I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Monday, March 22, 2010

Ginormous Dinosaur Bar-B-Que Eats in Harlem

First and foremost, Happy Birthday to my Brother William Yan! This week, we lived it up and celebrated Will's Birthday at Dinosaur Bar-B-Que for part I of his birthday weekend and it was amazing! We always hear rave reviews about this rib joint in Harlem but never seem to make our way Uptown. It was a perfect time to wander away from our usual food spots downtown and head up to 131st Street. The restaurant had a great ambiance. Loved the decor especially the framed old school cowboy movie posters which gave the spot a very western feel. They also had some soul music playing from a live band. The service from our waitress Tisi was superb and she kept filling our pitcher of sweet tea every so often. What about the food? Well, all I can say is WOW. Dinosaur Bar-B-Que has the best ribs I've ever tried (in NYC that is). The meat is so tender that it falls easily off the bone unlike some rib joints that have ribs where you would have to gnaw off the meat from the bone (excuse me for such a carnivorous description). The meat was also juicy and well seasoned with their house spice rub. The serving however was quite overwhelming because it comes in such a gigantic portion so be sure you are super hungry or make sure to have starved yourself for a day if you want to finish your entire meal. 
Check out Daniel's full rack of ribs. I had some hope that he would conquer his plate, but umm- yeah he had a doggy bag at the end of the night. :P
DJ and Robin shared a "Sweetheart" plate - a full rack of ribs with four house sides. They did a good job cleaning their plates after using up half of the napkins on the table. Good job dudes!
and this was my plate... the "Nuevo" sampler, the "Traditional" sampler but smaller! Fit for a baby dinosaur like me. I had 1 pc. of chicken breast, 2 pcs of ribs, 2 slices of texas beef brisket, 2 sides (mac and cheese and fries.. yes, I loaded up on the carbs!) and a piece of honey hush corn bread. I didn't get to finish my entire meal because it was just way too much. But I really did enjoy the ribs and the brisket. I wasn't really too happy with the barbecue chicken because it seemed a little dry so I barely touched it. The mac and cheese had a nice cheesy consistency and you know you can't go wrong with fries.  I was extremely pleased at the end of my meal! 
I thought this was hilarious. Michelle (the beer experimentalist) decided to order this beer because she thought it was funny.  She said it tasted "ok". How fitting for a rib joint to serve this! haha!. 
The birthday boy himself with the "to die for" chocolate mousse pie with chocolate chips! It was deelish! I had to fight Laura for the last bite. :-X

Shout out to the following who came through for Will's Birthday dinner: @keefwasheretoo, @LadyChellez, @JustineDori, @AnnaWHY, @djtabao, @The9thStParlor, @DanielChan, @LAURASTYLEZ, & special guest appearance from @C_H_A_R_I!


and HAPPY BIRTHDAY @WilliamYan!


I highly recommend this Harlem gem and you better believe that I'll be going back for more ribs real soon! 
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
646 West 131st Street
New York, NY 10027
212.694.1777

www.dinosaurbarbque.com

No comments:

Post a Comment