I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Friday, March 26, 2010

WTF: Late Night Cheeseburger Doritos?!

After late night partying last weekend, I needed a snack to munch on. So my friends and I went to a bodega to find a quick fix. Saw these Late Night Cheeseburger Doritos. Um.. super weird flavor? Yes! It joins the array of other weird snacks in the market like TGIFriday's Cheddar and Bacon Potato Skin Chips or Heinz Ketchup Potato Chips (which I love :-X). Anyway, I'm always down for super weird eats so I decided to try it. For $0.99? What do I have to lose? This foodie is willing to take a chance. So I ate one chip and I was confused as hell! My taste buds couldn't really decipher the taste so after the first crunch, I just kept eating them until I could distinguish its actual flavor. It definitely smelled like cheeseburgers but it had a meat and mustard and some ketchup and some onions kick to it. I think Doritos purposely threw in different tastes to confuse our flavor pallets so that we keep eating and eating! SMART! Sneaky sneaky! These chips were definitely a cheese Dorito once upon a time and was reincarnated with meat powder or something. The snack is super weird but not terrible. I'll probably eat it again if I have a craving for it but I wouldn't buy them by the bulk and keep them in my pantry. This flavor was actually a part of a campaign that Doritos ran in 2007 called "Doritos X-13D Flavor Experiment" where black bags were sold on the market for consumers to decipher the flavor. This one was hinted as "An American Classic". Would you try this?  


Join their Facebook Cheeseburger Doritos Fan Page!


LINK: Doritos

1 comment:

  1. Aimee... are these Cheeseburger Doritos still for sale in your area? I need to find a few bags of them for a friend of mine that will only be alive for another 2 months or so. (She has ovarian cancer.) And I am DESPERATE! Send me an email if you know where I can get some. Jacksback2112@aol.com

    ReplyDelete