I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

EATS: Starfruit from the Tropics


I ate a starfruit today that we picked from the tree. I haven't seen a starfruit for a minute. This fruit takes me back to my childhood in the Philippines where we call it "balimbing". It's only grown in Tropical Islands which is why we don't see this in the United States. It's best when it's ripe and yellow with a little brown around the edges. Try not to eat the green ones though because it'll taste a bit tart. It's waxy and kind of has the texture of a pear- very light and crispy. I did remove the seeds because it was a bit slimy but the meat of the fruit is very juicy and delicious. Yum!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I think it's hilarious you are blogging on vacation...well if you're relaxed and have time, why not. ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete