I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Friday, October 22, 2010

DESSERT: Little Cupcake Bakeshop in Bay Ridge


Since my favorite bakery in Staten Island was closed on Monday, I headed over to Bay Ridge in Brooklyn to try Little Cupcake Bakeshop. I wanted to get a cake for my birthday but decided that buying individual cupcakes would probably best. I figured, if I have a whole cake in my fridge, I'd end up eating it all and that's not good! Hah. So I picked up some after dinner goodies:


My Picks!

Carrot Cupcake

Chocolate Cloud Cupcake

Red Velvet Cupcake

Blue Velvet Cupcake

Vanilla Cupcake w. Chocolate Buttercream

Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding
Out of the five, I chose the Chocolate Cloud Cupcake. The fluffy merengue icing enticed me to pick this one. The icing definitely makes this treat delicious. However, the devils food chocolate cake wasn't great- I definitely had better ones than this one. I felt like it was too dry and the cake felt too hard. I'm used to moist and fluffy cakes. However, I also tried the Banana pudding and it iss to die for! It was very rich, creamy and buttery. The nila wafer cookies in between balanced the richness of the heavy cream and added some texture to every bite. This one is so far my favorite from the Bakeshop.






The location is great and the cupcakes are mediocre for $2.75 a piece. If you're looking for plain dessert but not mind blowing then Little Cupcake is your spot for dessert and hot or cold beverages. But in all honesty, the bakery is reminiscent of Magnolia Bakery on Bleecker Street from the decor, the lay-out and even the staff dress (which I prefer- sorry!). Supposedly another location will also open on Prince Street in Soho for all you Manhattan dwellers to try if Bay Ridge is too far from your reach.


Little Cupcake Bakeshop
9102 3rd Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209
718.680.4465

www.littlecupcakebakeshop.com


Little Cupcake Bakeshop on Urbanspoon
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. IMO, Little Cupcake is the best...Magnolia is not good at all and the decor is totally different from LC. My favorite is the princess cupcake. Buttercup bakery is also good

    ReplyDelete