I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Monday, October 18, 2010

EATS: Cebu Bar & Bistro in Bay Ridge



I celebrated my Birthday dinner with my family last night and we decided to go to Cebu Bar & Bistro in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn to try something new. I remember going to this location when it was Mambo Italiano back in the day which was an Italian family restaurant that we loved going to... but I'm glad this new eatery replaced it because its gourmet bistro food is simply amazing! You have the option of dining in or enjoying a drink or two at the bar. Cebu Bar & Bistro has a great menu with much to offer.
The Entree Menu for the evening. 
The Appetizers:
Complimentary Bread with Remoulade Dipping Sauce
Grilled Steak Skewers with Dijon Dipping Sauce - This appetizer was so delicious. The Steak was soft and cooked medium rare and the Dijon sauce was a little tangy and spicy. SO GOOD!
Fried Calamari with Marinara and Tartar Sauce - it was perfectly fried and lightly battered.
The Entree(s):
Dad ordered the Seafood Paella. The Rice was perfectly cooked and the seafood was fresh. It had
Calamari,  Clams, Mussels , Shrimp, Peas and Chorizo. I think the best part of this dish was the Spanish Chorizo because it was nice and spicy. The dish portion is HUGE (enough for 2)!
Mom ordered the Striped Sea Bass with Mussels on herb broth on a bed of Spinach with Cherry Tomatoes and a side of Toast. This dish was light and the fish was perfectly cooked. The chef also added wine to the herb broth which made the sauce very flavorful!
My Brother Lorenz ordered the 10 oz. Steak Frites Au Poivre.  The Fries were crispy and the meat was delicious in its medium rare form. The heavy cream based sauce was a good touch of flavor for such a meaty dish.
Mr. Fox ordered the Double Cut Pork Chop with Grilled Hot Cherry Peppers, Asparagus and Roasted Peppers. The Pork Chop was delicious and tender but the Hot Cherry Peppers overwhelmed the dish a bit because it became too spicy after awhile. The Roasted Potatoes were tasty and was baked to perfection.
I ordered the Chipotle Chicken. The dish came with two lightly fried Chicken Cutlets with Creamy Mashed Potatoes slathered with a Chipotle Cream Sauce. The sauce was great and was definitely the star of the meal! It a little spicy and rich in heavy cream. The Chicken was fried to perfection and was not too thick. The mashed potatoes were buttery and creamy was able to tone down the spiciness of the Chipotle sauce. I loved my dish! The portion was just a little too big for me so I ended up with a doggy bag at the end of my meal.
The table shared a side of Mac and Cheese. It was perfectly cheesy and baked in the oven with a crunchy breadcrumb topping. It was DELICIOUS. This is how Macaroni and Cheese should be done!
The Desserts:
Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich - Yes, you saw it correctly- that's a Pound Cake my friend! Not a cookie! This dessert is pretty amazing in theory but was way too rich for me. A Pound Cake is too much in my opinion and should be enjoyed by itself. Perhaps if it was a little thinner in slice then it would've been enjoyable. 

The Chocolate Molten Cake - this dessert was so delish! A perfect ending to my meal. The Chocolate Cake was warm, sweet, and gooey and the Ciao Bella Vanilla Ice Cream just made it better with every bite.  It was addicting and soooo good!
Overall, the food was delicious! You bet that we were really stuffed at the end of the night with all the food that we ordered. It's a bit pricey but from experience I know that an entree dish is good for two people to share. Lighting was also a bit too dim for my poor eyes and the food wait took awhile to arrive which made it a mediocre experience. Nevertheless if you have time and you want to try something different from the usual Italian restaurants in Bay Ridge, then this place is for you. Also heard that they have affordable and amazing weekend brunch... I'll have to try it out one weekend! 



Cebu Bar & Bistro
8801 3rd Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11209
718.492.5095

p.s.
Thank you for all the Birthday wishes via phone call, text, Twitter and Facebook! :)

Cebu on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment