I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Monday, October 4, 2010

EATS: Petey's Burgers in Astoria


Mr. Fox and I found this new burger spot called Petey's Burgers on 30th Avenue in Astoria this past Saturday. All I can say is, Five Guys- move over! I really enjoy traditional burger and fries and this is as good as it can get. I opted for the #5 Petey Melt Combo meal for $7.79... Got to love quality for a low cost!


Hand peeled shoe string fries cooked in 100% vegetable oil. It was perfectly salted and really crispy. It has the golden appeal and salty goodness similar to Mc Donalds fries and the crunchiness and flavor of Burger King fries. The serving is perfect- not too much, not too little and comes in an adorable little bag.


Now the main attraction, Petey's Melt! A toasted sour dough bun, two slices of American cheese, a hamburger beef patty, grilled onions and Petey's special sauce.


If a grilled cheese sandwich and a cheeseburger had a baby, this would be their little bundle of joy! The burger was so good. The grilled onions made it seem as if I were eating a Philly cheese steak. The meat was juicy, moist and very flavorful- reason being is because this fine establishment does not serve frozen patties. Everything is made fresh. The sour dough bun is great too because it was toasted (how I like my bread) and thin. I love the packaging too because it makes eating the burger easier and catches all the oozing melted cheese and grease. I guess the only thing I didn't like was its greasiness but thats expected for most hamburgers so I should stop complaining. :-X Nevertheless, I was satisfied at the end of my meal.


Mr. Fox ordered a vanilla milk shake which I tasted. It was creamy and frothy. I personally think it's ok. It was too liquified for my taste. For a $3.99, I could do without it. I prefer Bare Burger's milk shake instead for a dollar more.



Overall the experience was great. Our meals cost less than $20 and we both enjoyed our food. I also love their simple menu and ingredients and I'm glad that the sizing isn't absurd-- I really like that. I've also read that most food blogs have been comparing this to the world renowned In-N-Out Burger from the West Coast, maybe because the owner lived out west and maybe because of the restaurants' colors... But you should decide for yourself and be the judge of that! ;) Cheap eats and amazing food!


Petey's Burgers
30-17 30th Avenue
Astoria, NY 11102
718.267.6300
www.peteysburger.com


Petey's Burger on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment