I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My New LOVE: Adidas SLVR 115 <33

Check out my new LOVE, Adidas SLVR 115.

Awhile ago I posted a bunch of wedges that I would like to buy. This shoe was really my inspiration to write that post. Ever since I saw it at the Adidas SLVR SoHo store this past Summer, I've been dreaming about this shoe! It took me awhile to buy it, and finally I decided that it was about that time. I compulsively copped them two weeks ago (thanks to Nylon Magazine's 30% off Adidas SLVR Coupon!) I think the reason for wanting to buy this shoe is because it reminds me of Rick Owens Wedge Boots (any of them). Which are ALL freakin' amazing but I cannot afford (yet)image via Polyvore.com So for now, these wedgies will do. It's so versatile, it can be worn with leggings, skirts, jeans, and everything else imaginable! It gives me an extra 3 1/2 to 4" cuz a 4'11" shorty like me needs some much needed height! Every time I wear these shoes, I fall in love with them. If you know me personally, you know that I LIVE in flats only. So this is a big step up for me to be wearing something with some height comfortably. Slowly but surely I'm getting used to walking with these shoes (with no back up flats in my bag- thank you very much!). I can truly say it's like riding a bike. You get used to them... so maybe one day you'll see me with 6" Louboutin heels on my feet (inside joke with @keefwasheretoo.. BABY THESE HEELS!!)!

Goodbye Air Jordans... It was fun while it lasted...

P.S. They come in three color ways: Black, Grey, Green (dropping in December!)

LINK: Adidas SLVR

6 comments:

  1. hej do you know where i can buy these online?
    because in the adidas online store they only have this purple/black/brown color.

    i am in love with these shoes ever since i saw them in the nylon mall a few weeks ago.

    thanks a lot for the post (i am a shorty too, and im not really used to heels either)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can click on the link above. It directs you to the site! :) They're great, I really do love these shoes and I look forward to wearing them every week! They got comfortable since I got used to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the link.

    is the color that you bought this one:
    http://slvrstore.adidas.com/browse.cfm/4,1170,175.html
    ?

    the whole SLVR line looks pretty nice.

    I'm so excited about wearing them the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Yes I got the black one. It looks brown in the pic but it really is black. Goes with everything! :) I like the SLVR line. It's the median between adidas originals and Y3 at a more affordable price. Enjoy your new shoes and let me know how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. were these true to size?
    thx!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @RB - Yes, they are true to size. I normally wear a 6.5 womens shoe. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete