I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Monday, October 19, 2009

Hooray for Tony Luke's Cheesesteaks! :]

So @keefwasheretoo, @williamyan, @fmejia, @LauraO, my brother Lorenz and I headed to Philly for a day trip last Friday to jump off my 3 day Birthday Celebration! Of course, nothing is more traditional than to eat a Philly Cheesesteak when visiting illadelph! So instead of opting for the rival cheesesteak gurus- Pat's or Geno's, we went to Tony Lukes- home of the 5 lb Cheesesteak (as seen on the Travel Channel's Man VS. Food) and Big Daddy Luke- the 3 lb burger! We all know that we can't realistically eat that monstrous cheesesteak or burger and take on a food challenge (I'll leave that to Adam Richman!), so like normal people- we had the normal sized ones.

The menu! Let the feast begin...

Our appetizer- French Fries with Bacon and Ranch! I call this one "The Heart Attack", I mean it was really good but please keep in mind that this is to be shared by a group of people and can not be eaten alone. It was really heavy but the flavor combo was soo delish!

@keewasheretoo's meal: The Traditional Philly Cheeseteak with Sauteed Mushrooms, Swiss Cheese, Red and Green Peppers with a side of crunchy potato chips and a pickle!

@fmejia and @LauraO's meals: Philly Cheesesteak with White American Cheese and a side of crunch potato chips and a pickle.

@williamyan, my brother and I's meals: Philly Cheesesteak with Cheese Wiz and a side of crunchy potato chips and a pickle. Let me tell you, the sandwich was AMAZING! You can tell a lot by a restaurant's ingredients and they definitely use some good quality rib eye steak. It was cooked to perfection and the dripping grease is the evidence! It was really fulfilling to eat this sandwich after a long drive and I was another happy camper after leaving this joint. I'm going to confess- I couldn't finish it and only ate half but I saved the other half for my trip back home. And no, you will not find the sandwich in my fridge. I made sure I got rid of the evidence... HAHA :D

Ms. Mc Fatty!

So as per our lovely waitress Meghan, there's two locations: the Tony Luke's Beef and Beer Sports Bar and Tony Luke's Pronto which are right across each other. We went to the Sports Bar because it was too rainy and cold to eat outside. The quality of the food is the same except the bar has sesame seeds on their sandwich bread. All the press and events happen in the Pronto location though because the space is just bigger. The restaurant has a great ambience. Flat screen tv's are all over the joint so you can always enjoy your cheesesteak while watching the game. The food servings are pretty large and I guarantee that you will leave satisfied! So head on over to Tony Luke's if you're visiting Philly!

The Big Daddy Luke 3 lb Burger Wall!


TONY LUKE'S
26 or 39 E. Oregon Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19148
215.551.5725
www.tonylukes.com
or follow @tonylukespronto on twitter!

1 comment:

  1. Today was my first time eating at Tony Luke's place after seeing the same TV show and I actually went away very disappointed in the quality of the food and service. The restaurant was barely filled and it took us 30 minutes to get our food for a group of 4. It was unbelievable how long the wait was. We had high expectations of the food but it fell very short. If you've ever had a quality cheesesteak...you will know that Pat's, Geno's, and Tony Luke's is all HYPE. You're better off getting a quality cheese steak from Lee's Hoagie house or Pudge's Deli. Seriously, do yourself a favor and steer clear of these places unless you really want to get ripped off.

    ReplyDelete