I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Friday, October 23, 2009

My Chocolate Haven: Lily O'Briens Chocolate Cafe

Yesterday my good homie @almightydjko and I sat at Bryant Park to catch up and eat our weekly lunch. After we finished our meal, something was missing. What was it? DESSERT! So we crossed the street and he took me to my new favorite place, Lily O'Briens Chocolate Cafe. Ah, it was a chocolate wonderland! Great ambience, retro vibe, friendly staff and moderately priced chocolate goodness! I even met Marisa who is the co-owner / store manager and she was kind enough to explain that Lily O'Briens originated in Ireland and was brought over to the United States in March 2009. This is the first cafe from the Lily O'Briens name. KO had Coffee and a piece of Farmhouse Ice Cream Chocolate. I on the other hand was looking for a chocolate overdose so I ordered an Iced Hot Chocolate and a piece of Crème Brûlée Chocolate.

The Chocolatey Menu

My Chocolate Pick: Crème Brûlée Chocolate

My delicious Iced Hot Chocolate- supposedly it's a Summer treat but it was perfect since it was warm yesterday. Refreshing and not overwhelming. Far from tasting like Chocolate Milk. It's made from Belgian Milk Chocolate and you can see the little bits of chocolate shavings floating around. It was so delicious! Not too creamy.. not too rich.. just the way I like it. For $4.25, it was well worth it and I will be getting this again without a doubt.

Our Chocolates: Farmhouse Ice Cream (left) and Crème Brûlée (right). You can get the chocolates by piece with a price range of $0.60 - $1.25. If one is not enough, they have beautiful boxed assortments available as well!

The friendly staff member :)

Chocolate decor :)

How can you say no to this? Look at the layers! It tasted as good as it looks! :P

Too much chocolate? You can also order coffee and have some of these goodies instead... from croissants, macaroons, muffins, brownies and cookies! All FRESH daily.

Also met fellow blogger, Laura from Polyester, Pantyhose & Fearless Self-Expression. Caught her while she was enjoying her chocolatey goodness on the comfy couch. Look at the details of her super cute lace hosiery! Don't forget to check her blog!

And the best part about Lily O'Briens Chocolate Cafe is you get a FREE (that's right.. Free-Ninety-Nine) complimentary chocolate with any purchase! LOVE THIS!

Great experience, a new chocolate haven for me! Make sure you give them a visit if you're around the Bryant Park Area!

Thanks again KO for lunch and dessert!

LILY O'BRIENS CHOCOLATE CAFE

36 W. 40th St
(between 5th Ave & Avenue Of The Americas)
New York, NY 10018
212.575.0631
www.lilyobriens.ie

No comments:

Post a Comment