I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Milk & Cookies PLEEZ!

After dinner with my two foodies @AnnaWHY and @DanielChan_1011, we decided to fulfill our sweet tooth by heading over to this West Village gem, Milk & Cookies Bakery. They offer a delectable array of freshly baked cookies and of course, milk to go with it. But we decided to go for the gold and try their specialty, the cookie and gelato sandwich! YAY!The counter top and bakery in the back! Of course, the cookie rack is center stage. Other goodies are on the counter as well if you don't feel like eating cookies: from cupcakes, brownies, whoopie pies and even dog treats for your special pooch! When I walked in, I felt right at home. The decor is awesome. Tiled table tops and a fire place setting. The ambiance is so inviting!Let's get to it! The menu!As mentioned, Daniel and I had cookie and gelato sandwiches. They're made to order so we picked our cookies and gelato flavors and the friendly lady made them in front of us with a smile.This is Daniel's PB&J! Yes, that's 2 Peanut Butter Cookies and Jelly (Strawberry Gelato). YUM-O!Anna's lonely 1 piece of Chocolate Mint Cookie! You missed out on the gelato sandwich goodness homegirl! :Pand last but not least, my own concoction- 2 Smore Cookies and Vanilla Gelato treat!
This definitely isn't your typical ice cream cookie sandwich! Their cookies are baked fresh daily and are soft and chewy. Instead of ice cream, they use gelato from il laboratorio del gelato! The combo is just amazing. I really love this whole cookie and gelato combo. I've had it before at Rice for dessert awhile back with my cuzzo Tre but it was teeny tiny cookies. Milk & Cookies' version is a larger portion and worth every bite! I can officially say I'm a fan. So if you're in the mood for some milk and cookies and just happen to be in the West Village, be sure to stop by Milk & Cookies! Deelish.
MILK & COOKIES BAKERY
19 Commerce St
New York, NY 10014
212.243.1640‎
milkandcookiesbakery.com
or follow @MilkCookiesNYC on twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment