I'm Aimee Astillero. I like food, fashion, hip-hop, film, vampires and other bizarre things. Thanks for finding me! :P

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm On a Coffee Strike



There was a time I stopped drinking coffee... then there was something about the taste and the feeling that I missed, so I came running back. Coffee got me hooked. I crave my daily morning coffee right after I get off the train. I was a slave to the caffeine high relying on coffee to get my gears rolling and to keep myself awake. But lately my tummy hasn't been feeling too well and I wonder if it's too much coffee in my system. I typically drink 1.5 cups. I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I should really get checked out. Anyway, I'm trying a new experiment for about two weeks or maybe more. I've decided that I will only drink this thing called Lipton Milk Tea. It's a powder 3-in-1 mix which has tea, milk and sugar. All you need to do is pour the mix into a cup just add some hot or cold water and it's ready! *Voila* It's pretty good. It has the rich and creamy consistency of coffee and the slight bitter taste of tea. My pops introduced it to me when he brought a bunch of boxes back home to the US from the Philippines. When I first tasted it, it was pretty bland but I realized the secret is not to put too much water! DUH AIMEE. Now I am hooked and obsessed. Supposedly in the Philippines there's a wider variety of flavors: original, gold and vanilla. I need to get a hold of these flavors! Anyway, starting today I will ban my morning coffee and drink Lipton Milk Tea. FYI, if you've tried the Starbucks Tea Lattes and you liked it (I heart the Vanilla Rooibos) then you will like this! It also tastes like Milk Bubble Tea. Oh yeah, 60 calories per serving for all you health nuts! Try to look for this in your local Asian supermarket. It's about $5 for a box of 20 packets.

No comments:

Post a Comment